Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dedicated to Opuntia

A big welcome to all my family and friends!

I've set up this blog essentially to share photos and maybe some avi's of my world with you all. Instead of cramming your email systems with all my silly pix of flowers, trees, lizards, etc and some movies of swimming tadpoles and walking turtles; I'll instead post them here so that you can look at your leisure and level of interest...

Hopefully this site has enough space for all the pictures I'd like to post. We shall see!

My first photo is dedicated to a cactus. This is based upon a question asked to me by the hubby, "Does the world really need another picture of a prickly pear cactus flower?" Obviously, my answer must be, "YES!"

This is no ordinary Opuntia flower. Its called a cristate flower, which makes it look oblong instead of rounded and rose-like.

I can certainly predict that I'll be posting several more cactus flowers, including opuntia, so stay tuned!

No comments: